Saturday, March 7, 2009

I started saying yes. I really did, but I was interupted. There was a girl wrapping her arms around Bordin from behind. She was blonde and short. Heavy eyeliner that would't have gone away in a shower or two. She was cute you could say. In that oger frizzed hair kind of cute. He had the biggest smile on his face as if he already knew who she was. They walked over and sat in booth number eight while she smiled and practically gave him all she could in one night with her eyes. Bordin rose his hand up and pointed at me if he was telling her about me. I gave her a smirk. She just lost her own game. By all means was I better then that girl. "Hey there Juliet," Bordin said loudly. I looked up from the register while inserting coins into the slots. "Can you bring that couple special over here actually?" My hands dropped as if I had been completely wrong. Which I had been. Seriously, what the freaking hell. I yelled back to Peter in the kitchen, "one Shrek and Fiona order with cheese!" Fiona looked a little upset. More like a lot upset. I smiled and went back to work. But, there was something interesting I didn't realize. I knew everyone and anyone in this town and I had no clue who this over fake-baked girl was. She didn't go to my country club because girls there have real tans not the ones from classic tan with their initials pale from a sticker they put on their lower hips that practically shouts, "I'm here to impress you." I brought their order out and placed it in the middle of the table and brought out the house salad that comes in a heart shaped bowl. I heard Bordin talking about me on the way back. Which made me interested. Who wouldn't be interested in people talking about them? I sat in booth number seven that was seperated by their's by a stain glass wall. I started folding napkins and pressing my ear against the wall. Bordin was telling Fiona about how he is starting new here and all about the new school and things. It was boring until she asked how he knew me. "She is my conquest, once I have her I won't even want her." I didn't even think about what I was saying "What the freaking hell. Like I would ever want him." Bordin stood up, peaked over the wall, and kissed me on the forehead. "James Bond are we now?" I whiped my forehead off and gave a gross look then glanced over at my oger friend, "better then being Fiona." She picked up her purse and left. Bordin hopped over the wall and made a sly move into the seat across from me. I wasn't impressed. "So you wouldn't want me?" After he knew I heard the conversation could he really be sitting across from me asking me that. "Nope." I got up and walked behind the register. "Ju.." "Don't ever call me that. My names Juliet." I said punching random numbers on the register trying to look like I'm busy. "I knew you were sitting right there. I wanted to see your reaction. You obviously want me if you care that much what I say to another girl, then have the guts to call her Fiona because your jealous." I stared at him. I didn't like him, I just get a little worked up. Any girl would have. He wouldn't stop trying to get me to admit something that wasn't true. "Face it you have a little middleschool crush on me."

No comments:

Post a Comment