Thursday, March 12, 2009

I didn't really respond vocally, it was more with my eyes. He slapped his card down on the counter. Having a card means no one knows you because in my world if you want to reach me, your people call my people. Bordin winked. You have seriously got to be kidding me. Really now. What does he think this is Boy Meets World? My God the wink is something you see in a cheesey Disney film. The last time I saw that was when I was in pre-school and I hopped off David's tricycle. You know David, the boy whose father runs some hedge fund that's half legit and half ponzy scheme. Bordin was walking out as he pushed the door. Some gust flew it open and made the doorhandle slam against the brick wall. I could only hope that it didn't chip off the tiny "Mr. Perry is a pedophile" that I chizzled in one night I was bored out of my damn mind. Where is that freak anyway it's time to close up this hell hole. The door came back with a rush and hit Aubrey right in the back of the head. "Damnit." I started laughing. Typical best friend kind of enterance. "Did you just see what just happened?" She said with eagerness. "No, I totally didn't see a door crash into your nappy ass weave." "No, no, no! Not that silly. Didn't you see Rachel walk out of here?" I gave Aubrey a confused look. Then, she gave me an angry one. "Wait, what about my weave! These are hair extensions I got done in f'ing Paris. God." "Sorry it was that fake pearl necklace that got me all confused." She responded without a breath. "Whore, these are Miramekko." "My bad." My eyebrows cringed and my nose went up. "Rachel? Rachel? Who?" She had a jogging start and slid onto the counter. She popped my forehead like a V8 add. "What was that for?" I announced. "Are you really that clueless that much or just upset to see Rachel?" "Aubrey, I don't even know who the hell Rachel is." The phone rang loudly. I waited three times for it to ring so it made it look like we were busier then we really were. I answered and it was Ped-O-Perry calling in to say he was running late and was on his way to close things up. I punched end on the handset and it felt like a punch in the gut. "Oh my god that little bitch." Aubs was texting everyone about the head of the lollipop league being back. Why was that girl back in this town. Now that's a story I can never forget..

No comments:

Post a Comment