Sunday, February 22, 2009

The whole house smelled of hairspray. When I opened the door I felt like I was opening the oven and a wave of heat surrounded me. Only the heat was the near blinding lights that helped my mom slut up. My mom got more action then our whole school combined. Every night I was on my own. Every night she was in a different guys bed. I don't hate my mom. I just hate the part when she tells me "what not to be when I grow up." What I'm not sure of is the fact if she understands she explains her own life when she tells me the bad ways of doing things. My mom had me when she was very young with a guy she only met once. She was seventeen. Which is how old I am now, that is why I think she is on her "make the right decisions" rampage. "Juliet," my mom said from the other room. She was sitting on her vanity holding pearls in her right hand and a gold cross in her left. They were taking turns resting on her pale chest. "Honey, which ones do you think look best?" I tilted my head to the side. She was wearing an all black dress with a slit in the back. "The pearls." I said with a boring tone. "How was your first day doll? Was there any cute new boys? Remember Juliet, school is more then boys." She was obsessed with love words like baby, darling, doll, etc. It got kind of annoying after awhile, but I wasn't listening most of the time. "It was good. Only one new boy in our whole grade." "Well you should help him out. You know how it feels to be the new kid in town." We moved to Kiawah Island, South Carolina right before I went to highschool. Right after my parents divorced. It was hard. Leaving some of my best friends. And leaving my dad. It didn't bother me to leave him, it just bothered me to leave the secruity of having him there. "Mom, he said sup to me. Who the hell comes up to someone and says sup?" "Oh Juru, be nice!" She shouted walking out the door. I hate Juru. Hated it. I was called that by people who knew me really well. My middle name was Ruth. So everyone thought it worked well together. I walked up to my room and pushed the door open. Then, I hung my purse up on door handle. That way I never forgot it. You can find out a whole girls life by looking in their purse. I took my shirt off and grabbed my Perry's Pizza Place employee shirt off of my rotating clothing rack. I didn't need the money they gave me there you could say. I knew when I grew up I'd have my life handed to me, but it was the bullshit that made it worthwhile. Like flipping my keys to some "student-athlete" at the nearest public school so he could park my car at the country club. I'd change my station to the yodeling so when he steps into my coach embroidered seats with my sterio that he couldn't even pay for in three summers working there could here the bass of some country singer going at it.. And the bullshit is watching him change the station and driving around the parking lot a couple times with hit because his biggest transportation was his tricked out bicycle. My mom always said "thank God there is no tipping policy." Whenever I wanted any money, I just asked my mom and she'd hand me a fifty. But, there was something I hated about it. I wanted to pay my own way into my first year of college. I grabbed my keys and left. As I pulled in Mr. Perry yelled "Howdy-doodee!" What a pedophile. He was fired from freshman biology the year I was taking his class for inappropriate gestures torwards students. "Hi." I Grabbed my nametag off the counter and plugged in the hour I started working. It was an upscale pizza place. He must have bought it from someone. I didn't want to ask because going to his office for my paycheck was scary enough. He fits into my category of stoners and alcoholics by the time they're thirty group. He was always rolling blunts are drinking with some under age girl. Creepy. I was in the back rolling dough for tonights deliveries. It gets old fast. I heard the bell chime as if someone were walking in, but I thought it would just me Mr. P walking another girl to the door. All the sudden I heard him yell to go help the customer because Nancy called in sick. "Alright," I said with a loud voice. I walked up to the counter with my head down and I repeated my welcome like I always did, "Hi welcome to Pedophile's Pizza Place. Can I take your order?" A deep voice talked back. "I thought this was Perry's Pizza Place?" "It's all the same really. Are you new to this town or something?"
Then it hit me. Just my fucking luck. It was Bordin. "We've already gone over this." I was mad. "How did you find me here?" I blurted. He gave me a puzzled look.. God, this wasn't my house. This was a pizza place. He wants pizza. He spoke, finally. "Can I have the couple special or whatever it's called with the cheese pizza?" "$12.67, hot date tonight?" He smiled at me, "only if you say yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment