Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Check yes Juliet, here is the countdown. 3, 2, 1..."

"Welcome back," announces our principal as she pretends she even cares we're back. We are Juniors in highschool which only excites me that we only had two years, including this year, left in this prison. I mean if you think about it. It makes sense. We are stuck in tiny rooms like cells with former jailmates or friends. It is all the same really. Both will backstab you somehow.Friends will backstab you to be popular and jailmates will backstab you anyway they can for no reason. Although, the first couple days are fun coming back and seeing who gained the most weight and who died their hair the most ridiculous color. Back from summer was Aubrey, my best friend, and me ready to take on whatever came on our way. We were not excited to start school. But, is anyone? I wasn't really interested in boys. I don't believe in love. I just do the hook ups and such. I don't waste my time devoting myself to one guy who claims he can make my life so much better, but deep down we both think it's the most ridiculous bullshit we've ever heard. Aubrey, well she was different. She was all about believing in love and finding the guy she knew she would be with for the rest of her life. Anyways, we had three of the same classes together. As we were walking to our first class, Theology, we heard teachers clapping and singing something about us being shooting stars. Honestly, I was hoping I could get to class because I was tired of hearing that crap. I mean half of us will become stoners and alcoholics by the time were 30 ending up with brutal and heart wrenching divorces. The next 25% will become stepford wives marrying guys 40 years older then us for their money. The part that absolutely no one wants to believe is the 5% that will end up broke and living on the streets because we couldn't even complete community college. And the biggest fairytale to come out of this school is the 20% that will get jobs that make us happy some of the days. Well, this is my theory and when my teachers go on about how we're America's future. I sit there and gag. I mean who tells a bunch of potheads and stuck up teenagers they are the future? Hello. They can't even manage to pass algebra 1b. This is my third year. So I understand they want me to strut around in my little white polo and my four time rolled mini-skirt who guys fantasy is to look up. Don't get me wrong. Sometimes I just love this school. Morning gossip was always fun. Hearing what teacher is driving with what student to Texas because they can't be without each other. We have had an estimated 17 teachers fired from our school because of student mishaps. I love paying thousands of dollars for teachers to flirt with me and watching girls flashing legs to get an A+ in the class. That's what my parents don't understand.. How much they are paying for nothing. Absolutely nothing. It was ten minutes into our first class and a new boy pushed the door open. "Sup? Am I late. I'm new." Well.. Yeah? We can tell your late, and we can tell your new. This school knows everyone and anyone. I could tell he thought he was a hot shot. I hate when boys just know. Even if they are. He sat in the seat right infront of me and turned around, "Sup. I'm Bordin." I replied, "You say sup to much for this school to handle. And your bored in? Well everyones bored in this class. Get used to it.." "No, my names Bordin. And I believe that I don't belong in this school. I will do my best not to fit in. So, sup? I just stared. He asked "What's your name?" I told him,"Paying attention." He would not shut up. "No what's your name." "If your Bordin, I'm paying attention." He laughed a little, "Are you trying to flirt with me?" I gave him a glare.. "My names Juliet, but stop trying to be my Romeo."

1 comment: